It doesn’t matter what kind of person you are, I believe that EVERYONE makes some kind of resolution / goal / plan at the start of a new year. I personally don’t like resolutions, I prefer goals, they are more specific. Resolutions are usually so unspecific (Is that even a word?).
So we’re already a third of the way through July… is it just me or do the years pass by quicker as we get older? It’s like I blinked and it was July already! What’s more, today we’ve been away from SA for 6 months already! Where does the time go? Really man?
These were my goals for 2015 and TBH I think I’m doing quite well so far.
1. I need to be healthier, clean eating at least 80% of the time, I’m generally a healthy person but this year I want to be healthier.
This is where I’m doing really well, we’ve been eating really healthy, almost all carbs are wholewheat and we’ve started having smoothies for breakfast the past few weeks! Yes man!!!
2. This year I want to complete both Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guides, I did half of the first guide last year and loved it, so as soon as we have settled in London I’ll be starting guide one again.
So I’m still on guide one, I’ve been doing week one and two for about 2 months now and I’m a little scared to move on. Week two is hard man! Don’t judge me!
3. I need to do the washing and ironing once a week, last year I was terrible, I’d leave it for 2 weeks and then procrastinate because the bundle had gotten a little big and would take more than an hour and a half. LAME!!
Oh the joys of adulthood! I’m doing OK at this, I’ve got it down to doing it once every week and a half, not bad eh!! Baby steps!
4. I need to start a proper skincare routine – day and night – and stick to it!! The 20’s are apparently an important time in skincare so I better get to it. I used to just wash and moisturise and do a face mask once in a blue moon. S#*t is gonna get real now!!
HA! London threw me a curveball here – you can’t buy the pill OTC so I just stopped and my skin was like WHAT-THE-EFFING-EFF? I feel like that was self sabotage!! No fair! Hopefully the teenage tendencies of my skin will settle down soon! So I’m washing morning and night with a gentle face soap, toning with witchhazel in the morning, moisturising with an anti-aging cream most nights and with aloe gel every morning. Also doing a face mask every other week – oh and on that note don’t do a tumeric face mask unless you want to end up looking like Bart Simpson. Riaan: “Really Simone, you should’ve known that was going to happen?!” Me: “Ya, I guess!” #Facepalm
5. I will learn how to make (and do a post about how to make) a lemon meringue tart, it’s my favourite non chocolate dessert, peppermint crisp tart is a close second, I will do a post on that too!
Well this contradicts goal number 1 a little, especially since I don’t have a whole entire family here to eat the stuff I make, but I am still going to make it! And do a recipe post about it! Stay tuned!
6. Our travel goal for 2015 is to go to Amsterdam in spring, we want to ride bicycles through tulip fields while they are in full bloom.
We missed spring because our passports were at Home Office along with my Residence Card application but we got them back in the post last weekend and we are already planning our trip! A summer weekend in Amsterdam? Hell yes!
So what about you? How are your goals/resolutions coming along?