It’s been so long since I last posted on here that I feel the need to say hi…so Hiiii, welcome back, or more like, I’m glad to be back!
I was chatting with my mom about a week ago and she asked when I’d be putting something up on the blog again, I was genuinely surprised that she reads my blog, so a special hello to you mom!
So I thought I’d start off with a little life lately update for July and August since I haven’t done one in a while…
I actually started this post while on the plane to Athens, I had decided that it was time to get my ass in gear and get all the posts I have stored in my head onto this blog. So I wrote up this post, ready to add photos when we get home, and then I lost it when my tablet didn’t connect to the wifi after we landed! Damn WiFi!
Anyway, I’m now lazing about on a beach in Milos retyping this post with a glass of wine…life is good! (Update: Our first week back was pretty choc-a-bloc so I’m only posting this today… not the best start to getting back to the blog!)
So July was a mixed bag of sorts but here are the highlights:
The 1st weekend was a working one for me (not much of a highlight TBH)
The 2nd weekend we picniced (am I making up words here?) in Hyde Park and listened to the Mumford and Sons BST concert after work. They were awesome! I also started working on a DIY laundry hamper/basket type thing.
On the 3rd weekend we woke up on Saturday morning and in the spur of the moment we decided to go buy a tent, so we went camping on the South Coast near Seven Sisters for a night. Super spontaneous and awesome!
The 4th weekend we went to a lavender farm near Luton to practise some photography skills and also explored St Albans a little. There’ll a photo heavy post on this soon!
The 5th weekend we babysat Snugs and I worked on my laundry hamper a bit more.
My favourite bits of July:
- Listening to Mumford and Sons in Hyde Park and dancing in the dark to “I will wait”, I had to convince Riaan to dance with me because I can’t do a link arm dance on my own…it was so much fun.
- The spontaneity of our camping trip on the 3rd weekend, not knowing where you’re going or where you’re going to sleep that night is quite fun actually.
August was a good 50/50 split between catching up with friends and adventures.
We pug-sat Snugs for the first week and after she went home on Saturday we ventured down to Dorset with Werner and Sune for a night of camping and a dash of exploring.
The last weekend was a long one thanks to a bank holiday and an extra leave day. We decided to make a little vacation of it and went up to Glasgow for a bit of a highlands adventure with Cindy and Marcelle. It was honestly one of the best weekend trips I’ve had in ages and it made me realise how much I miss seeing them every weekend. There will defo be a photo heavy post about this trip too!!
The time in between our adventures was spent adulting (how boring!), getting creative in the kitchen and catching up with friends. It was a pretty well spent month, a perfect balance of adventure, chilling at home with pizza and wine and going out with friends!
My favourite bits of August:
- Exploring the British countryside with awesome people, it really is so beautiful and varied and makes for awesome weekend adventures. I’m also not sure who enjoyed running around on the beach more, Phoebe or myself. LOL.
- My first steam train ride through the Scottish highlands with my besties.
- Just spending time with friends and enjoying good food and great company.
- Having time to cook and try out new recipes, I cooked clams for the first time and they were freaking AMAZING!
In other news, I plan to catch up on all the posts I’ve been meaning to do about our adventures, my DIY projects and a few recipes over the next couple of weeks. I’m hoping to get out 2 posts a week. We’ll see how that goes! We have a ton of photos to go through and edit. I also want to start doing some yoga in addition to the Kayla workouts I’ve been doing, I’m really enjoying this healthy thing I’ve got going lately.
Until next time,