Hey everyone! June has just about passed us by and I guess it is time for a little life lately catch up!
I’ve been a bit of a busy body over the past couple of weeks. Lately I find myself getting bored (maybe because I don’t blog enough) and I feel like I lack creativity in my life. This can end up with a number of outcomes:
- I knock out a blog post. Like I just did.
- I convince Riaan that we need to go on an adventure. It could literally just be to the park/a neighbourhood we haven’t visited. I just want to get out and do/see something new. So we bought ourselves a little adventure car this weekend. We are going to spend our summer weekends adventuring the UK. I am so freaking excited for it!
- I decide I need to DIY/create something – something that is not too permanent or is movable so we can either take it down or take it with when we move. So far besides the temporary improvement’s I’ve made to the flat, I have made this string art for our second wedding anniversary and this magnetic travel map. I also got Riaan to help me flip an old toy trunk into a rustic coffee table and build a rustic/shabby chick desk (posts on these to follow soon).
- I start planning imaginary vacations and researching my next dream destination on pinterest, working myself up to the whole idea that I could totes be one of those people who quits my job to travel the world.
- Lately I’ve been reading quite a few blogs and articles on improving my writing skill – to sound more like myself. I have like zero filter between my brain and my mouth. I love it. It can get me into shit sometimes but whatevs, life is short! Say what you mean, right? BUT the filter between my brain and my keyboard is a little too rigid. I need to fix that!
- I bake or try cooking a new dish. I usually scour pinterest for a rough idea of what I want to make and then I just wing it with what I have in the fridge. I try not to bake too often because I’m really working on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I also restarted Kayla Itsines BBG this past month…And it’s working, I can fit into jeans that I shrank in the tumbledryer last January! GO ME! Maybe, just maybe, I’ll be posting pictures of me prancing around in a bikini soon. Or gym wear. Who knows!
- I listen to tons of music videos on youtube – I have a list as long as my arm of all the songs I want to learn to play on guitar. Then I find the chords strum through them a few times and get annoyed that my strumming isn’t as good as I’d like it to be…it has improved a bit though. I’ll get there eventually.
- I joined an acapella choir last month. I love singing, especially being able to just sing with other people who “get” randomly bursting out into song every now and again. But it didn’t last very long, to quote Beca Mitchel (you know… from Pitch Perfect) “There’s nothing from this century on here”. It was just a little too old school for me.
- I scour the internet for creative/people orientated jobs, that require little to no formal studies, because like who has three to four years to study a new degree before making a career change. I feel like life is catching up to me and I’m wasting my life sitting behind a desk all day.
I still plan on finishing ACCA before the end of the year but I’m looking for something new and exciting in the meanwhile. Maybe I’ll go for some creative classes over weekends. We’ll see. You’re never too old to follow your dreams!
We spent a day in Brighton, it was Phoebe’s first beach day, and she loved it. When ever we let her off her lead she would go bounding into the sea, then run away as the waves approached her.
While we were in Brighton we discovered the BEST MAGNUM EVER! You have to try it! Peanut butter ice cream dipped in chocolate, surrounded by peanut butter and then dipped in chocolate again! It’s freaking delicious! Possible my new favourite ice cream!
We popped over to Paris at the end of May for the long weekend. You know that saying “Paris is always a good idea.” We’ll it’s true, we had such a good time even though it was raining pretty much the whole time we were there! I could spend weeks just wandering the streets of Paris, especially Montmartre, it’s just so charming.
We also doggy sat this cute little furball last weekend, Snugs the pug! (Excuse the blurry photo, I suck at selfie aiming and front cameras are just bad – but how cute are we!)
Other than that I don’t really have much more to say. We are just adulting and it is seriously over rated. Growing up is a trap! Laundry, dishes and housework never end. Disney gave me such high expectations about adulting, like where are my furry little housecleaning helpers? And the big perfect hair? And while we’re at I’d like to be able to understand what Phoebe says, I swear she wanted me to paint her nails while I was doing mine last night!
Anyone else wish they could understand their pets? I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Until next time,